Fenty Beauty Shady Biz Sun Stalk’r Instant Warmth Bronzer ($30.00 for 0.22 oz.) is a medium, yellowed brown with warm undertones and a matte finish. It had nearly opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which isn’t what I’d consider buildable! The texture was smooth, velvety, and more firmly-pressed, so it was easier to use a lighter hand to get more gradual coverage out of the product–but this is a method one can employ with most pigmented products so it doesn’t indicate a truly buildable formulation. The powder applied evenly to bare skin, blended out with minimal effort, and sat well on my skin. It lasted nicely for eight and a half hours before fading slightly.
- Colour Pop Carry-On (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop CA Dreaming (P, $8.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Deep Bronzer (P, $14.99) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Bronze Age (P, $110.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Wet ‘n’ Wild What Shady Beaches (P, $4.99) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Dior Coral Glow Bronzer (LE, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Sephora Bora Bora (P, $17.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Skinny Dip (P, $8.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Sun Kiss (100) (P, $64.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Dior Warm Sunrise (004) (P, $48.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
$30.00/0.22 oz. – $136.36 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have “long-wear” that is “transfer-resistant,” “easy to blend, and “light-as-air” with buildable coverage that “is hard to overdo.” The pigmentation was more medium to semi-opaque with some shades being nearly opaque in a single layer. For truly buildable pigmentation, I would recommend using a light hand initially or a less-dense brush to pick up and to apply the product.
The texture was lightweight, thin, and finely-milled without being too powdery, which did make it easier to control to build up coverage. Some shades were more blendable than others but none were difficult to work with. As these had a true matte finish, I wouldn’t apply them over wet or still-drying foundation as that tends to make matte, powder products harder to apply and can also cause them to darken/look patchy. They applied similarly over bare skin (I’m normal-to-dry) as they did over foundation that was lightly set with powder.
They lasted between eight and nine hours on me, and it didn’t seem prone to transferring if I just dabbed at it with a napkin (transfer-resistant on a powder was an odd claim to see).
Browse all of our Fenty Beauty Sun Stalk’r Instant Warmth Bronzer swatches.
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Mica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Diisostearyl Malate, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethiconol, Phenoxyethanol, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Hexylene Glycol, Lauroyl Lysine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Water, Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sorbic Acid, Tin Oxide, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).