Fenty Beauty Coco Naughty Sun Stalk’r Instant Warmth Bronzer ($30.00 for 0.22 oz.) is a medium-dark brown with warm undertones that seemed more balance between red and orange, so not quite enough to be rusty-red in tone but not warm from orange/yellow either. The consistency was smooth, finely-milled, and was a little thin but not too firmly-pressed in the pan, so I could pick up product readily and blend it out easily over my skin. It was buildable from semi-opaque pigmentation to full coverage in two to three layers. The bronzer stayed on well for eight and a half hours on me before fading noticeably.
- Tarte Angle (PiP, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Becca Malibu Soleil (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Falaises (LE, $40.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Tarte Crown (PiP, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Happy Hour (P, $8.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Tarte Sweet Tea (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Endless Summer (P, $14.99) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Chanel Medium Deep (P, $58.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Benefit Hoola Caramel (P, $30.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Tan-tastic (LE, ) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
$30.00/0.22 oz. – $136.36 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have “long-wear” that is “transfer-resistant,” “easy to blend, and “light-as-air” with buildable coverage that “is hard to overdo.” The pigmentation was more medium to semi-opaque with some shades being nearly opaque in a single layer. For truly buildable pigmentation, I would recommend using a light hand initially or a less-dense brush to pick up and to apply the product.
The texture was lightweight, thin, and finely-milled without being too powdery, which did make it easier to control to build up coverage. Some shades were more blendable than others but none were difficult to work with. As these had a true matte finish, I wouldn’t apply them over wet or still-drying foundation as that tends to make matte, powder products harder to apply and can also cause them to darken/look patchy. They applied similarly over bare skin (I’m normal-to-dry) as they did over foundation that was lightly set with powder.
They lasted between eight and nine hours on me, and it didn’t seem prone to transferring if I just dabbed at it with a napkin (transfer-resistant on a powder was an odd claim to see).
Browse all of our Fenty Beauty Sun Stalk’r Instant Warmth Bronzer swatches.
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Magnesium Myristate, Talc, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Mica, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Diisostearyl Malate, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethiconol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Water, Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sorbic Acid, Tin Oxide, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742).